Hi Team,
I am in the process of updating our company's basic authentication with user/password to email/API key.
According to this (https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-api-tokens-for-your-atlassian-account), I should be able to update the username with an email and the password with an API key and make this request successfully:
curl -v https://<company>.atlassian.net --user <user>@<company>.com:<b64key>
This request fails with this error:
* Server auth using Basic with user '<user>@<company>.com'
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: <company>.atlassian.net
> Authorization: Basic <removed>
> User-Agent: curl/7.64.1
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
< Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 23:10:14 GMT
< Content-Type: text/plain
< Server: globaledge-envoy
< X-Envoy-Upstream-Service-Time: 1
< Expect-Ct: report-uri="https://web-security-reports.services.atlassian.com/expect-ct-report/atlassian-proxy", max-age=86400
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000; preload
< X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
< X-Xss-Protection: 1; mode=block
< Atl-Traceid: 29224f439162d46d
< Report-To: {"group": "endpoint-1", "max_age": 600, "endpoints": [{"url": "https://dj9s4kmieytgz.cloudfront.net"}], "include_subdomains": true}
< Nel: {"report_to": "endpoint-1", "max_age": 600, "include_subdomains": true, "failure_fraction": 0.001}
< Vary: Accept-Encoding
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<
Basic authentication with passwords is deprecated. For more information, see: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/deprecation-notice-basic-auth/
* Connection #0 to host <company>.atlassian.net left intact
* Closing connection 0
What do I need to do to make the example request work?
Thank you!