Hello,
I am trying to setup a Jira Automation with and If/else statement.
What I want to do is:
IF a comment is added by anyone except for a certain user then send an email notification to the assignee.
@Dexter Brooks -
Welcome to the community. If I understand your ask correctly, then you may not need to use if/else block. You should be able to use the conditional check for "User condition" (something like below) -
However if you want to use if/else setup, then you will just add the "User condition" as a part of the If/else setup (something like below) -
After the condition setup, you just need to add in the Actions as needed.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Thanks for the quick response. Basically we use Opsgenie for alerting and when a customer submits a ticket we also have to acknowledge the ticket in the Opsgenie. When we acknowledge the ticket Opgenie makes a comment on the ticket from our helpdesk account. I want to exclude email notifications for comment from Opsgenie/our Help Desk Account. Does that make more sense?
In our env, we don't use Opsgenie, thus I cannot advise further after your clarification. I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for their technical assistance or possible solutions.
Best, Joseph
@Joseph Chung Yin Please disregard the Opsgenie portion of my post. All I need to is create an automation that send a email when a comment is made on a service request but just need to exclude when a comment is made by a specific user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.