It seems like every time I want to find the cloud equivalent of a server/DC page I am redirected to the documentation home page for cloud - and more often than not the content I am looking for simply doesn't exist, or has considerably less detail.
For example, clicking on the cloud button for any of the pages below redirects to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/resources/
I can tell you with pretty much 100% certainty that no documentation page exists for the Jira Roadmap dashboard gadget in the cloud.
Hi @Rob Horan
Most of the times the feature may not exist in both environments so that's why you are redirected to a generic site. I agree with you, if the feature is not available they should not even bother having the option to select the other environment.
Regards
Hi Fabian,
The feature definitely exists in the cloud, and that's pretty much the case whenever I go looking. Most of the time I am looking to see how to use a particular feature or to see if there are configuration options I may be overlooking.
@Fabian Lim if you look at the links I provided for Server they are for common, and dare I say, critical functionality, such as how to manage versions, defining components, etc.
It would be pretty bad if this documentation didn't exist for Cloud.
Part of the problem is not that a feature "doesn't exist", it's a feature that "has been done so differently, the docs for one really don't apply well enough, and we've restructured it all".
It happens a lot for the older docs for versions that are no longer supported, they're always refactoring later documentation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.