I feel like this shouldn't be as hard as it is but we want to report on more than just sprint data and we're hitting some blockers. Ideally I'd like to be able to generate a range of reports such as:
- % split of issues in done by issue type (eg. bug, story, task) visualized as a pie chart
- % split of issues completed by project (eg. Features, Operations, Marketing) as a pie chart
- % of issues that pass/fail user testing
- Story points completed over a date range with the ability to compare
Now I can achieve all of this with static queries but we want to be able to easily change date ranges and compare data which is proving difficult.
I've evaluated so far:
- Issue analysis pie chart based off JQL query in a confluence document (lacks ability to easily manipulate date ranges and compare)
- Jira to quicksight integration - Does not pull through many key or custom fields
- Jira to Airtable integration - Does not pull through many key fields (namely labels) or custom fields and requires pro tier to just get pie charts as an option.
- EazyBI for Jira - Had a quick play and it felt limited but could do with more investigation.
I just want to ask, am I missing something incredibly obvious. I just feel like being able to adjust date ranges and compare data for reporting in 2022 is not a massive ask.