In a wiki, I can choose history and then pick a date, and see what the ticket looked like on that date
Is there a way to see the originally entered ticket (or minimally the original description) in jira?
TYA
Hello @Jeff Cartwright
Welcome to the community.
Looking through the history of an individual issue you would need to find the first time the Description field was changed. That history entry will show you the original value of the field, before it was changed the first time.
In this example the original value of the Description field was nothing.
I'm not aware of a way to pick a date and see all the info for all the fields in the issue on that specific date, but maybe there is a feature or third party app of which I am unaware.of which I am unaware.
Hi @Jeff Cartwright ,
As a complement, some of the available 3rd party plugins mentioned by @Trudy P Claspill
Description History Tab for Jira
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219698/description-history-tab-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.