I've posted another question related to the apparent limitation of Confluence's API to not be able to specify the type of space when creating it via the API. But I can create 'Blank' spaces. Is there a way in the Web Interface to manually change the type of space from 'Blank' to 'Knowledge base' (or 'Documentation' or any other space type) after it has been created?
Hi @Michael Mulqueeny,
Open your space and navigate to Space settings > Manage Space > Space Details. Right there, you should be able to update the Space category.
Hope this helps!
This was so helpful, thank you!! I was able to fix a space category to communal by updating the category. We had one space not set to "Knowledge-base" as the category. Easily updated that space category and now its fixed. WHOO HOO.
Is it possible to change space type in data center version of Confluence after creation
Hi @Walter BuggenhoutI'm not sure I can find this? Am I missing Admin Rights?I can only see "categories" and in that dropdown "knowledge Base" is not available:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.