Hi!
I need help as the epics in our filtered board are somewhat unusable.
We are using Jira Next Gen, this is a company managed board. Basically we use Project related boards and then create a filter collecting all the issues for planning + sprints into one big board. The current JQL request for that looks like this: "project in (XX, YY, ZZ)"
Now, the issue I have is that it doesn't seem to display Epics correctly. They will look like this:

I have multiple issues here, I will use one list item for each problem that I encountered:
- As you can see, the name of the epic is not correctly displayed, as for some reason the Labels+ ticket no. are used ("Ohne Stichwort" = "no label").
- Also, Tickets which are part of the same project and therefore also displayed in that board are not linked to the Epics (All Epics have 0 issues in them).
- It also displays closed epics, but this is something we could solve with a different filter query.
- I cannot change the name of these Epics. If I change them and reload the page, the old name is back. I can't even delete them, as opening them leads me to the original epic
- When creating a new issue in an existing epic, Jira tells me that "Issue XX-29 needs to be of type epic", but it also won't let me change the epic link:

What am I doing wrong? I assume the issue here is that Jira is cloning the epics, but not the tickets, so they already have Epics linked. Ideally, I would like to have the same view as in Project Boards, with the epic labels visible in each story/task card - Whether I can see the epics on the board doesn't matter to me. How can I achieve that?
Steps taken to remedy this:
I tried different filters, like "project in (XX, YY, ZZ) and ((type != epic)or (type = epic and issueLinkType is not EMPTY))", but none of these really work. Either epics are not in the board, or they are as seen above. I also tried creating a board with only epics, same issue here.
I have also created an epic + issue in the board itself, there it works flawlessly.