Recently some people in my team found that their Epic panels in their backlog views were filled with all their Epics, including old ones which were removed by "Mark as Done".
Upon investigation, the "Epic Status" values for the issues is as I'd expect; Done.
When I looked at the configuration for the Epic Status field, it appears that the configuration has been changed from the default set of To Do / In Progress / Done and now includes a number of other statuses.
I attempted to revert the change but the field is locked by the software. I'm curious to find out how I can revert it and also what caused the change - Changes to the field were not logged in the Audit Log so I'm not able to find out how this occurred. And even as a Site Admin, I am unable to edit the configuration.
We're on Jira Premium, and make use of Jira Product Discovery and Jira Plans
