Hi Team,
I want add Approval and Declined steps Button in Jira Service Management Workflow but option is not available in workflow.
PFB Screenshot,
Hi @Prabhu Chilukuri
You have to activate this workflow first, and then you will see the approvals.
Alex
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational- ,
FYI, this is active workflow only
And you are using it in a JSM project? In addition, from the image I see that you are searching for the approval while selecting a transition. Approvals are set on statuses.
Thank you @Alex Koxaras -Relational-
That was my problem, the workflow was inactive, hence I couldn't see the Approval step option. I assigned the WF to an active JSM project and problem got fixed.
Thank you so much!
I also just stumbled upon this. This makes setting up inactive workflows a bit tricky and always requires additional re-configuration when setting it to active and thus "going live".
Is this already on the radar as an improvement for Jira? Seems counter-intuitive to me, to have this discrepancy.
Agreed!
Right: some things can ONLY be done in an inactive workflow and other things can ONLY be done in an active workflow? That is such a miserable experience
Hi,
I'm also not seeing the option for configuring approvals in a status. Is this only available for JSM type of projects? Workflow is active, but in a software project.
Thanks!
To my knowledge, this option is only fully available for JSM projects, although it works on Jira Work Management for Team managed projects. Here is a video you can see as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9SFmCdKe0U
Finally, here is a workaround you can use for JS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL-cur9-8CE&t=4s
Hope this helps!
Ben.
Thanks Ben!
Much appreciated. We need to be able to configure multiple approvers groups with multiple approvers in each group with a 1 vote from each group type of set up.
Trying to recreate functionality we had set up using an add-on in DC (Herzum) using native cloud functionality. Doesn't seem to really be possible at the level we require in JSW projects and we don't allow the use of team managed projects at my org. I'll be back to marketplace looking for a new add-on or shifting these teams to a change approval process in JSM.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.