What's the best way to write a query to exclude tasks that are associated with Epics?
I've tried a couple of statements with "parentsOf" phrase.
I want to exclude them from my software projects Kanban board in board query.
Hi @Sierra - It depends upon whether you're working with company-managed vs team-managed projects:
Team-Managed
parent IS EMPTY
Company-Managed
"Epic Link" is empty
Hi @Mark Segall It's a company managed project , this is my epic , with the tasks associated with it that I do not want to see on my KanBan board.
I could be thinking about this all wrong .. the Epic Link wouldn't be empty right , in this case ? != is to exclude the Task
"Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND issuetype != Task
"Epic Link" IS EMPTY will capture any issues (task or otherwise) where there is no epic association.
"Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND issuetype != Task will capture all issues that are not tasks and have an epic association.
okay then I need "Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND issuetype = Task to capture all issues that are tasks with an epic association ... okay I feel closer , but really I want to exclude this ^ how do I write that ? I want to add it to my existing board query which is project = "IT Infrastructure Projects" AND component is EMPTY
Is the challenge that you want to be able to capture either of these use cases?
If so, you could do something like this:
project = "IT Infrastructure Projects" AND component is EMPTY AND (issueType != Task OR (issueType = Task AND "Epic Link" IS EMPTY))
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.