Currently (default setup) we don't seem to be getting notifications.
This help document..
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA%27s+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications
..would seem to indicate that we need to set up the "outgoing mail" feature of JIRA.
However, when I go to Administration > System > Mail, there is no "Outgoing mail" link.
If I use the keyboard short g + g + "outgoing mail" it finds nothing.
I am using the account I used to create the JIRA account so I presume I have global JIRA System Administrator permission.
Help!
Stephen
dashqc.atlassian.com
An SMTP server should have already been pre-configured for your instance. If you are not receiving notifications, it is most likely a configuration issue. For example, have you set a notification scheme for your project?
Thank you for this tip.
The only notification scheme currently is "Default Notification Scheme". It seems to be set up fine with notifications supposed to be going to All Watchers, Reporter & Current Assignee for a host of triggers, including "Issue Commented" that we have been failing to get notifications for.
I note that the Project column is empty, so it's as if the "Default Notification Scheme" is not being applied to any projects, but I see no way to add a project, or in fact do anything but choose from:
.. none of which allows me to set projects.
Thanks,
Stephen, you can set the notification scheme for a project from the project administration page:
Thanks guys, it works.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.