Hello,
I am able to export Jira automation rule in Jason format. Once I go automation tab of another project, I did not find any option to import rule.
Any help in this regard?
Thanks
Mukesh
Hi @mukesh.singhal and welcome to the community!
You can import rules if you go to
There you will find the option to import any rule.
Alex
Hi Alex,
Thanks for responding quickly. I can't see any options you suggest. Please see screen shot visible to me for project.
@mukesh.singhal you are in the project settings and not where I told you to go. So:
Hi @mukesh.singhal -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Adding to Alex's answer: you will need at least Site Admin permission to do this, so if you do not have it please ask your site admin to do the import.
Also...rather than export/import, your site admin may also copy a rule from project to another.
Kind regards,Bill
why isn't a default option on the project level?
for example, one user creates a rule, shares a JSON, second user can import to the project of their choice
Hi @Maksim Beliaev -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I do not know the answer why Atlassian went that way, and here is a suggestion to allow Project Admins to import rules...without help of a Site Admin. Please watch/vote for the issue to see progress.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-83
It would be nice if project admin could copy from one project to another. The copy only works within the same project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.