When I try to create "Sample Scrum Project" from this link:
image2014-10-16 13:53:41.png
I get this error:
image2014-10-16 13:58:24.png
As it is clear I am the admin and I do have the "share" permission
Hi George,
Can you check to make sure that you have the Create Shared Objects global permission as per this KB article: Creating a Board?
If you can confirm that you have this permission, it would probably be best to open a support ticket at support.altassian.com, so we can look at your specific situation in more detail.
Since you don't trust me:
image2014-10-21 19:52:20.png
and:
image2014-10-22 17:40:44.png
I am opening the support issue
Note that the Browse Projects permission in the Default Permission Scheme (as well as the Create Shared Objects global permission) is required for a user to create a project from JIRA Agile. If in the scheme it's only the Users role that has the browsing permission (which is the default configuration), check JIRA Admin > System > Roles - your account may not be in the role by default.
As Agile can't check for this permission before creating the project (and hence not give the user the option), an error is thrown afterwards. Making sure that you'll have the Browse Project permission in the new project should fix the problem.
Dora, in my current projects I am using the Default Permission Scheme and "Project Role (Users)" have the "Browse Projects" permission. But since I am creating a new project perhaps the one that I am copying from does not have that share or browse permission?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.