Hi!
I'm setting up an automation rule on JIRA Software Cloud where I want to "Synch" all issues from the same epic.
Ie: if an epic's field is updated all stories and subtasks are updated with the same info and vice versa.
I made the first attempt at doing so by creating this rule:


And so on for subtasks.
The problem I encountered with this is that not all issue types have the same custom fields, so with a rule so general when the team updates an issue type that has no certain custom field that custom field will become empty in all the other issues.
I'm thinking that I have to create multiple rules to get where I want, I was wondering what the better practice is here:
- Create a rule per custom field, with an if block, and then make the changes only on the issues types that share that field
- Create a rule per issue type (fewer rules) and then if blocks per custom field.
I think #1 is the most efficient but I'll be glad to receive some feedback on this.
Thanks!