Hello community,
I set up an external app configuration to import user and group objects (custom object types) from our ID management system (IdM). IdM sends one data chunk for user object type and one data chunk for group object type (currently max 250KB per chunk). Several imports finished successfully.
Later, import service in Insight skipped processing some chunks intermittently (for example, IdM sent 10 users in a chunk and 2 groups, Insight reported 0 user and 2 groups in the input in the results) but did not throw any errors during the upload or in the final summary. As the result, the object were deleted from Insight. If I retried the import with the same data input a moment later, all the users were imported just fine. I am not able to reproduce the issue consistently, it just happens sometimes.
As a workaround, I set the missing object threshold value to 2, so the objects are not deleted right away.
Has anyone encountered this kind of issues?
Are there any limits on the import data chunk size/insight connection?
Are there any detailed logs for an import run available?