Hi,
I am using OnDemand version of JIRA, and I am looking for a way to notify users when Priority field is changed. Is there any?
Thanks,
Miki
Changing the priority triggers an update Event. On this Event a notification can be sent. However, this would be the same for all other updates.
As far as I understand your objective you want only inform some users on the change of the priority.
You could do following.
Then you got what you need.
Cheers,
Udo
Hey there, myjura.
In addition to the answer that was provided by Udo, I think that the standard JIRA notification should be able to cater for this. Falling under the Issue Updated event, you can configure it to send notifcation to the respective users as per the following:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme#CreatingaNotificationScheme-Associatinganotificationschemewithaproject
Hope it helps!
Warm regards,
Danial
I forgot, but you should also use a validator that Priority has to be changed in those transitions. Otherwise there could be a notification without a change of the priority.
"Issue Updated" event includes all events as far as I understand. Not just Priority field. Thank you for your suggetion, but it won't work for my situation.
You will need to create a custom event . Now with help of the behavoiurs plugin you will need to fire the event whenever the priority field is edited . you will need to wite a groovy script which will fire this event refer this java code .
Now when the event is fired you will need to configure this in the notification scheme .
Now the mails will be sent whenever the priority field is edited/changed to specified users.
Hope this helps .
I am Sorry , I did not see the Ondemand tag . This will only work for Downloaded JIRA .
Hi Udo,
I am glad that there is a way to set a notification.
The challege would be that I need to remove Priority first. In other words, past issues which have priority value will be reset to no value?
You would remove it from the edit screen only. That means you would not be able to change it via Edit button or inline edit. Please see here how to use different screens for issue operations.
The priority value of old issue will not be changed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.