We're on Jira Server version 8.13 (EOL 8 October, 2022) and we'll need to upgrade soon.
I'm trying to decide if we should upgrade now to Jira Server LTS version 8.20 or wait until October/November when there could be another LTS release. We are also planning on migrating to the cloud and we could be pretty busy in Oct/Nov with this planning.
The Questions
- Does Atlassian plan to release another Server LTS version for Jira (Software and SM) after 8.20?
- What version would it be (9.0 as seen in the EAP?) and would it come out in October as in the past?
The EOL for version 8.20 is 19 October, 2023 which is only four months before they end Server support. I'm not 100% sure we'll be migrated to the cloud by then, though I think we'll be close.
I'm assuming at least one more released will happen in October 2022 and be supported until Feb 2024 but I was wondering if someone can confirm.
Madeline