I'm creating a daily task, which I will like to assing as linked issues the result of a JQL query. I don't see the option of linked issues field
Hi @Mauricio Cordeiro -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First thing: what problem are you trying to solve by doing this?
I ask that question as if your "daily task" could return the same list of issues, day by day, the list of links could get longer and longer.
Next, you could try using advanced branching on the issues, and link them one-by-one in the branch: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Branching-over-smart-values-in-Jira-Automation/ba-p/1741935
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy thanks for the answer.
What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?I'm creating a daily stand up task. In this case, the amount of task on the Sprint are limited it will generally decrease or it will be the same amount( In an exceptional case it will increase one or two tasks). The tasks that a developer needs to do are on that Sprint. So, at the end the developer will say what he did yesterday ( task that are on the sprint marks as done and finish the previous business day). The tasks he will do today, task that are in progress or in TODO. It will be easier for the developer read from there and fill the questions. So, I can do the JQL for those tasks, but I don't know how to link them to the daily stand up task.
Using your JQL and the Lookup Issues action, you would create a list of issue keys, and those would be the input to the advanced branch to then link to the triggerIssue or the created daily task.
{{lookupIssues.key}}
Hi @Bill SheboyI tried that but without success, I will probably figure it out way and post the task here. My main problem though is the relation with the field. When I 'm create the Issue, I choose fields to set > Link Issues and there I don't have optino to set a smartVariable
Regarding the advancing branching, I do the filter that has results, and I tried to display just the key on the description ( for testing purposes checking that works) and it doesn't create any task.If I understood correctly, it should create new issue for every old issue that is In Progress or ready. ( Again this part is only for testing the iteration of the list of issue), in reality I just want to assign Linked Issues with the result of the query
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.