So I have an automation that sets an Assignee value. However, I've been receiving errors lately that says:
Hi @Jay Fernandez
Who is the actor of the rule? If you can make the change but the one taking action on the role isn't you but is a bot or something they may or may not have permissions to assign
Alternatively, trying changing who you are assigning the rule to and see if it's only with that user or all people.
Best,
Clark
The actor is Automation for Jira.
I deleted the automation and rewrote it. Now it works. Must be a bug in the system.
Hmmm.. after a few executions, the problem is back. This is definitely a bug in the system.
Hey Jay,
I would check the permission scheme for the project to see if anything has changed with it. Make sure the atlassian-addons has permission to assign users. Also make sure the user you are trying to assign it to has assignable issue permissions.
If all of that checks out, add an audit check to your rule to see what value is returning.
I'm having a similar issue. I have an automation rule that sets one Custom Field on issue creation, which is showing the same inactive user and No fields or field values to edit messages.
I have changed the actor of the rule from Automation for Jira to myself but that doesn't seem to have changed anything. I will try remaking the rule, perhaps trying to import it first, to see if that at least does a temporary fix.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.