Hey, I am using Jira Cloud and am my users are reporting that the search in custom fields is now case-sensitive (from 31st May) and it wasn't before. I honestly don't have recollection of that but now when I test it, indeed it is case-sensitive.I couldn't find any changelog that reflect a change relating to that, can you advise if this was changed or was it always case-sensitive. Thanks!
Hi @Asparuh Georgiev
What is the type of that custom field? I believe some of them, like Label, have always been case-sensitive.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy The custom fields are Select List (single choice) types, I have tried it with Select List (multiple choice as well)
BR,
Asparuh
I am not having this problem at all. Typing in a lowercase letter shows values that start with both uppercase and lowercase. This sounds like it might be a browser issue. I will switch browsers and see if it is still happening.
Thanks for the suggestion, I have tested with Edge and Incognito Chrome browser and I get the same results, I have looked in the System Settings for the Jira Instance but I couldn't find any, if you have any suggestions where to look ?Thanks!
I found this suggestion for this same symptom logged yesterday, so others are seeing this also:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-79129
That's really weird. Wonder why it would be for some and not others. Also, it would seem to be more of a Bug than a Suggestion if that's the case.
No there wouldn't be any system settings for that. It sounds like a bug to me that only affects certain instances. Really strange.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.