Colleagues, this time I have a question with Jira Software, can I create a subtask level below? i.e. a subtask of a subtask? thank you
Hi Josreny,
Nope - that's the lowest level. And you can't do a sub-task of a sub-task.
Good afternoon dear, do you know any solution or alternative for cases where a lower level of subtask is required? thank you
No, so I wouldn't try to create that structure. :-)
No to disrespect, @John Funk , but I disagree -- a little.
In fact, @Josreny Botardo, if you have a compelling use case, you can use Structure for Jira to create that "structure." Although, you probably want to create a custom issue type for that second subtask and a custom link type for linking that second "subtask" to the parent subtask.
However, John is right in that deviating from the expected Epic > Story > Subtask hierarchy in Jira is something you need to think about carefully. There are many built-in Jira features that will ignore this unexpected hierarchy.
I know this is confusing, but you can do this if you want to — and I know many companies that do this (or things like this). In fact, Structure was created due to a Jira enhancement request from someone asking for subtasks of subtasks in Jira, and Atlassian said, "no - we aren't going to do this."Full disclosure: I work for the company that makes Structure.
Hope this helps,
-dave
No offense taken. :-)
@Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ colleague can you tell me a manual where I can do this activity with structure please,
thanks a lot.
don´t you worry thanks a lot @John Funk
Hi @Josreny Botardo
Picking up on behalf of my colleague @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_, here's the documentation on the feature that would allow you to build such a structure, but our Solutions Team (solutions@almworks.com) would be happy to work you through more specific examples. Hope this helps, Kathryn
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.