We have setup a Jira Service Desk project and added all internal staff as customers. Theses customers also have Jira licenses. I am the admin of the project.
Currently staff sends an email for a service requests to a common Outlook 365 IT Inbox. We want/need to allow staff to email the IT Inbox and have the Jira Email Helper pull it and create a service ticket.
When I send an email to the IT Inbox, the Jira Email Handler does pick it up and create an issue, however it does not send me a 'issue creation' email notification.
When an internal user (someone who is already in the project as a customer) sends an email to the IT Inbox, the Jira Email Handler does not pick up the email and create an issue, nor send a create issue notification.
If we use the Jira Service Desk generated email and send a request via email or through the email form, everything works.
1.) I know the Jira Email Handler works because it works when I submit an email request. (maybe because I am the admin)
2.) The Jira Email Helper does not work when an internal staff (customer) sends an email request.
3.) Everything works perfectly when/if anyone used the Jira Service Project created email or form.
Any thoughts or insight?
Terry