I cannot view "the insights of the active sprint" although the permission is granted to me and the board is associated with a specific project. What shall I do to fix this issue?
Hi Ahmed,
I can see that you have some project permissions, at least enough to view issues in the VIS project. But board filters can be complex in a way to pull issues from other projects. Could you share with us the JQL for that board filter? If you're unfamiliar with this part please see Editing a boards filter for info.
If you don't have the project permissions in all the projects where that filter can select issues from, then that would explain this behavior.
Andy
Yes, that was the issue. I have just updated the JQL Filter and it works now ... Many thanks to you, Andy!
@Andy HeinzerI've added the permission as "any logged in user" for aggreagated data.My filter is the following
project = X AND type in (epic, story, bug, spike, spec) AND fixVersion in ("2022 - Q4","2023 - Q1") OR project = X AND type in (Sub-task,"Bug sub-task") AND status not in ("To Do", Done) or issuetype = "Tech Debt" and project = X ORDER BY Rank ASC, priority DESC
The only problem that I can see is that I'm using the project keyword with the same project several times.Could this prevent me to turn on insights?
It might be that the board is not located within that project where you have permissions. Check the steps in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-a-company-managed-board/
I'd be interested to learn the Location value of that board. In your case, I'd expect it to be in project X. But if it's located within another project or in a personal space, that can cause this sprint insights widget to throw this kind of error. You would first need to be a board admin in order to be able to find this information. If you are not a board admin, you won't be able to determine this yourself.
Hello,I have the same "permission" message as mentioned in the question. But I have 2 projects in my query: project in (X, Y) and labels=123.
Can you help me, please? Thank you.
You might want to try to follow the troubleshooting steps in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-insights-in-a-company-managed-project/
There is a project permission called View aggregated data, you will need that permission in all the projects where this board can pull issues from. Within that page there is also a link to Learn more about permissions for company-managed projects.
Thanks a lot! It works now. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.