I'm trying to get my head around how to add approvers to requests. I've read a number of articles around Request Types, Workflows and adding an approval pick list field or custom field and an approval on a workflow
The following documentation shows three scenarios in which an approval using that method can be used but it doesn't cover the approvals on a services.
Approvals documentation:
Configuring Jira Service Management approvals | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 8.18 | Atlassian Documentation
Services have their own Change Approver field against the service already.
Therefore as well as the three scenarios above I was hoping that the approver could be the user that was already added against the service. Therefore when a request type is raised against that service, there would be no need for a custom 'approver' field because it should be taken from the 'Change Approver' listed against the service being changed.
Could someone point me in the right direction of how to implement approvals for changes to a service, using the prefilled Change Approver against that service?