Hi community,
Looking for some help regarding why I can't disable or delete automations I've created for a specific project.
Kind Regards,
Karthik Murali
Hi @Karthik Murali and welcome to the community!
I recently noted a new option on my Jira cloud site for automation, it is the field Who can edit this rule?
Does your site have this option? If so can you review if your user is listed or part of a group listed on that field?
Cheers,
Alex
Hi @Karthik Murali ,
What is the specific manifestation of the inability to disable automation rules you mentioned?
company-managed projects or team-managed project?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/disable-an-automation-rule/
Hi @Alex thank you, glad to be a part of it!
Thank you for your response. My user is the only one who has access to the automation rule, so no one else has control over it.
Karthik
Hi @Ollie Guan ,
Thank you for your reply, It's a team-managed project. I have tried the answer you have provided via the link, unfortunately - for some odd reason - it simply enables again right after I disable it.
After successfully disabling any automation rule, when you enter the configuration page again the system shows that the rule has been re-enabled?
Yeah, exactly, it actually happens while I enable it, I don't even need to edit before it enables it again...
@Karthik Murali -
Based on your responses to other two community leaders' suggestion, I would recommend you to submit a support request with Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for them to provide additional analysis as they will have access to the logs for trouble-shooting process.
If you have the right to create rule associated to a project, then you should have the right to delete or disable the rule that you created. Lastly, it doesn't make sense that once you disable the rule, the rule is automatically re-enable by itself.
I will be interested to hear what Atlassian Support has to say about your issue. Please post their responses once obtained.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hi @Joseph Chung Yin
Will do now, and keep you updated, cheers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.