I have created validation in workflow and set up my custom text for it.But in portal I see system validation instead of mine. I am expecting to see the next validation text "Please provide a value for required field 'Region / Project'"http://prntscr.com/Qglm-gTAnjucBut I see system validation, not my custom 'Couldn't send request Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in.'http://prntscr.com/g2gcLZOQfah1How and where can I change it?
@Andrey Boyarin -
You need to check your Request Type form to ensure that the required field is setup in the form itself and marked as (Required). The validation in the WF may not be needed since the request form will required the field to be populated at the issue submission time within the portal.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
I need this validation for field with cascade type. Validation for such type doesnt work in request form because it works only for parent and doesnt work for child.
If it is a cascade data format field, then the control of Parent/Child relationship is defined at the field configuration (context) end. So, if one selects a parent, then you can only have the defined child options available to select from based on the parent value.
What kind of validation are you trying to do? (i.e. ensuring the child field is populated? and not NULL?)
Please advise.
Best, Joseph
I need that child value was not null for some parents
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.