Is the lock attachment feature removed from Confluence in the Cloud version? Where can I get a comparison of server features vs. Cloud version, specific to Confluence?
HI @Tracy MaxwellGood day. Welcome to the Atlassian community. I see that there is a feature request for Locking attachments on the Confluence cloud
Also, please refer to the below document which talks about the difference between Server and Cloud features for "Confluence"Regards,Sri
I did not receive an attachment for difference between Server and Cloud. How can I get this document?
Hi Tracy — following up since the comparison document never seems to have come through.
Short answer to your first question: yes, hard attachment locking is effectively gone moving from Server to Cloud. That's not a setting Atlassian removed — Confluence Cloud doesn't give any app a way to block an upload before it happens, the way Server-side locking could. Every event an app can act on fires after the write is already done, on Cloud, for every app, without exception.
What's available instead is check-out plus detection: a file gets marked as spoken for, and if someone uploads over it anyway, the person who lost their work is notified and can restore the earlier version in one click. Different guarantee than a hard lock, but it closes the actual gap — Confluence Cloud is last-save-wins today, and the person whose work gets overwritten currently isn't told at all.
Disclosure: I built a Forge app for this — Attachement Guard , free up to 10 users. If you were specifically on Cenote Lockpoint on Server, they also have a Cloud version now, if continuity with the same vendor matters more to you than anything else.
If it helps, happy to answer what actually carries over from a Server migration and what doesn't — that gap catches a lot of people.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.