@marcos.motta that is the correct amount of time utilized. If you have a meeting with 10 people for one hour then ten hours of time was used. The only way to get around this would be to not have onlybone person record there time for one hour but this is not an accurate representation of the time utilized to conduct the meeting.
@Brant Schroeder, thanks for the information!!
I understand that, but it's strange to think that a meeting that is scheduled to take 1 hour ends up taking 10 hours. How should I estimate the time of this meeting, in 10 hours? On the other hand, we use fields like start date and end date in our work items, how to treat these fields to reflect the total meeting time?
Your meeting has not taken 10 hours, I don't understand why you are saying that.
It took one hour, and there were ten people there, each working in it for one hour.
Yes you should estimate ten working hours for it.
Are you confusing working time with elapsed time here?
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, thanks for the feedback. I understand that I might be getting a little confused (I just started using Jira), but this question caught my attention. See the attached image, I see an estimate and a time control, maybe there is no connection between these two fields, but I had thought so! And that's why I opened this thread, to better understand how it works.Regarding the second point, our use provides for the inclusion of a start time and an end time for each activity, this allows us to define the time of day when the activity was carried out and check the gap between these points.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.