Dear Community,
I'm looking for possibilities on how to capture waiting times for any issue type in each status of any defined workflow when there is no defined workflow status as "waiting" before or after each status
For instance, lets consider following WF with defined statuses (as mentioned there is no defined "waiting" status)
Backlog - To do - In progress - Testing - Done
In reality, when the issue is moved from one status to next, the actual work may not begin the moment status is changed. Maybe at later point in time because some previous issue is still being worked upon and the new one needs to wait for its turn. So I want to capture these waiting times in each workflow statuses when the issue is actually waiting and when it is actually being worked.
Is there anyway we can split this and calculate the mentioned times without defining additional status "waiting" for each stage? I need these to calculate Flow metrics that involves actual work time and waiting time for each issue type.
P.s. I have already tried to researching here for old threads with related information. I have found like using the plug-in or app Time in status only helps to find time spent on each status, cycle time etc. I couldn't find where it helps to split identify waiting and work time.
Thank you very much in advance for comments/information/guidance
Kind regards,
Aneesh