https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Lookup-Issues-The-option-quot-our-issue-key-quot-for-field-Epic/qaq-p/1949732
Hi, I am following up on this inquiry as there doesn't seem to be any resolution on this thread.
Hi @David Roy Morin,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Try using {{issue.epic.Epic Name}} in your search.
Hi @David Roy Morin -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You are comparing "Epic Link" to the name...rather than a key. Please try changing your Lookup Issues JQL to:
"Epic Link" = {{issue.Epic Link}}
That will work for a company-managed project. If this is for team-managed, please substitute "parent" for "Epic Link" in both places.
Kind regards,Bill
Custom Smart Value JQL Search: "("Epic Link" AND (project in (19290))" - Error in JQL Query: Expecting either a value, list or function but got ')'. You must surround ')' in quotation marks to use it as a value. (line 1, character 15)
If I add quotes : "Epic Link" = "{{issue.Epic Link}}"
Custom Smart Value JQL Search: "("Epic Link" = "") AND (project in (19290))" - No issues have a parent epic with key or name '', The option '' for field 'Epic Link' does not exist.
it is a company managed project
Just so I am crystal clear what I want is the following:
I want each of my Epic Start Date to be equal to the earliest start date of any of its child stories
I want each of my Epic End Date to be equal to the latest end date of any of its child stories
The Lookup so far is what is causing issues
Ah, my mistake: your rule is already inside of a branch on the parent epic, so the JQL should check key:
"Epic Link" = {{issue.key}}
The symptom is the key value in the error message is empty, telling us that either the field is not set or does not exist (which is does not for an Epic).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.