Chrome browser
How do I remove checkbox from my document page
@[deleted]Welcome to Confluence.
The check box ✅ is part of the action item macro. You can remove it by entering edit mode through selecting the pencil icon on the top right of the page and editing out the macro.
I hope this is what you were looking for.
I entered edit mode and tried deselecting the The check box ✅ but all it did was create additional The check box ✅'s. So I guess I did not have the required rights to deselect it or there is an issue that I uncovered but I would think if I could turn it on, I should be able to turn it off. Is that not the case?
The Action Item macro creates a check box, and then allows you to add text in front of the check box related to the action item. If you want to remove the check box, you will need to copy the text you want to keep so it can be pasted back onto the page and then delete the entire existing line of text and check box.
Is this what you are trying to accomplish?
Hi Andy,
the check box ✅was added in error. I did not type any text in front of it. I immediately tried to delete check box ✅ but was unable to delete it. I then went to the top of the page where all the controls are and tried to deselect check box ✅; that just added another check box ✅. Nevertheless, I was unable to delete it and ended up with 3 check box ✅; no text.
This was a curly one.. not clear at all but do this:
Press Enter to end your Action item.
This creates a new blank Action Item (you don't want).
Make sure your cursor is at the point where you would type text for the new Action item.
Press the Backspace key.
These deletes the checkbox and returns you to normal text.
Having a hover over the checkbox with a delete icon like everything else would be super useful here.
Or having enter twice stop adding checkboxes as with bullets would also be useful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.