Looking for a replacement for the ELEVATOR (Server) Add-on
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215740/elevator-smart-issue-assignment?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview
There is no cloud version . I'm looking for a replacement. Currently found HONCHO. Appears to be pretty new and not sure on how well it works.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225712/honcho?hosting=cloud&tab=support
I'd appreciate any feedback
@Tom Gross -
Hi Tom:
Welcome to the community. In regards to HONCHO add-on, it is always our standards looking at vendor's longevity/history to determine if one should try out the add-on. This add-on may be an excellent tool, but there is not information/history in regards to this add-on from the marketplace to make a suggestion/input.
In regards to replacement of your existing add-on, you should take a look at Automation for Jira (it is an out-of-the-box add-on from Atlassian - Free) to establish rules to trigger issue assignment based on your specific criteria when issue is created. The drawback of this workaround is that assignee is hardcoded in the rules. It is an excellent functionality for any Jira/JSM cloud implementation and powerful to perform activities automatically.
Here is a link on Automation for Jira for your reference - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hello @Tom Gross - We are starting our Migration planning now and utilize this application. Were you able to find an alternative?
Thanks
UPDATE: SMART ASSIGNMENT AND ROTATIONS FOR JIRA
I moved on from that assignment using HONCHO last year. However, it appears that it has been renamed since then. I did find a number of bugs with HONCHO, and the vendor was very quick to fix it. Looks like there are 60+ installed with the new version. I haven't tested it out, but it should be ok. I'm actually looking at it again with my new assignment to handle rotation schedules.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225712/smart-assignments-and-rotations-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=reviews
We ended up going with Trundl's Smart Assignment and Rotations for Jira. This is working well for us and the vendor is super responsive.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.