I have a list of guru cards that we have exported in csv format. I could not find a way to migrate cards from guru into space pages. There is a thread that redirects to this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-import-a-third-party-knowledge-base-943523632.html. However, the link suggests to have it in separate text files for importing with XHTML format.
I checked confluence settings, but I could not find Content Tools > Import (asking for the text file from the directory) from this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-text-file-139492.html
The only option to import is from Word, Google Doc or OneDrive.
How can I migrate or import downloaded text files as pages in confluence?
Welcome, @Marlon Muela. I happen to have experience with Guru (exporting content into it and exporting content out of it).
For context, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, Guru cards are their smallest unit of content. Like Confluence sites are made of spaces that have pages, Guru has collections (divided into boards made up of cards).
Unsurprisingly, their help center doesn't make it easy to find out how to remove Guru content and bring it somewhere else
Using this method, you will get a zip with HTML and YAML versions of your content. I see that you're on Confluence Cloud, so the short answer from our help docs is: "If you have web content that you want to import into Confluence, you'll need to import it page by page." HTML= web content.
There may be other methods you can use to convert the HTML or YAML files from Guru to Word documents for easy import into Confluence, but none that I'm aware of off the top of my head. Let us know how it goes!
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Confluence is a wiki, a documentation system, it's not for handling lists of things like CSV, spreadsheet, issue trackers etc are.
It's expecting imports of text (often with some level of formatting). You could "import" a CSV file as text, but all that will do is give you a page with a block of CSV as the content.
What data are your "guru cards" representing? (Forgive me, I've not worked with that before and I don't know).
If it is exportable as CSV, it suggests it's likely to be issues (especially as it uses the word "card" which is a common way to describe issues in certain views in issue trackers), which I'd be looking to import into Jira.
But if it really is a knowledge base, then I'd expect an export to drop each article out as a separate file, or in an XML format that includes all the metadata. If it is something like one line of CSV per article, then you would need to convert that into a more knowledge-base style structure - exporting each line as a single text file is the obvious one that Confluence could then import as separate pages.
Thanks for helping out!
@Marlon MuelaI had the same issue and created an importer.
Once you exported the collection as ZIP file and download/extract it you can use:https://github.com/fabiogermann/guru-confluence-importer
Thanks @Elizabeth Barr for the hint with the ZIP file - it inspired me to write the importer.
AWESOME, @Fabio Germann !!!!
@Fabio Germann Thanks for writing this script. I believe I have all of my arguments properly defined, however when I run the script, it immediately prints the arguments, then exits. It doesn't get as far as connecting to the API. I'm not getting any error messages. I'm wondering if the
I'm assuming the folowing:--collection-dir = the directory containing the 'collection.yaml' file and the associated subdirs that were unzipped from the guru collection exportI'm able to validate the api with curl, so I don't think it's a connectivity issue. I know it's not a lot of info, but any ideas?Thanks!
Hi @Drew Morone could you open a bug on GitHub and add some details regarding the output/error message. I'd be happy to help as best as I can.
UPDATE: The issue was due to a change in export format on Guru side - the script was adapted and works again.
Any chance someone has the info in that was originally in the "This" link https://intercom.help/getguru/en/articles/4739554-exporting-a-guru-collection-as-a-zip-file%C2%A0 It says "Not Found" now.
@Renee Niewaldcheck this link from the google cache (Salesforce took over Guru and now all docs are behind a login): https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fhelp.getguru.com%2Fs%2Farticle%2Fexporting-a-guru-collection-as-a-zip-file&rlz=1C5GCEM_enCA1037CA1041&oq=cache%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fhelp.getguru.com%2Fs%2Farticle%2Fexporting-a-guru-collection-as-a-zip-file
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.