Is there a way I can restrict custom field edit based on user/role permission in jira cloud?suggestion please!
Not out of the box.
However this is the method that can be used to restrict who can edit fields, if you don't mind creating a button for editing the field. It requires you to create transitions for every workflow associated with the issuetypes you want the field restricted on. See instructions with pictures below.
Lastly, navigate to your edit screen and remove the fields you want to restrict. You will need to create separate "view"/"edit" screens for your screen scheme if you haven't already because you may want the restricted field to remain visible when viewing the issue.
Once all of this is completed, you should see the button like so.
Clicking on it will bring up a transition screen with the "restricted field" on it to which you can make changes and add a comment.
No, Jira does not have field-level permissions.
Just wanted to appreciate the detailed answer @Vera with screenshots, thank you!
Vera, this is awesome. I swear I followed this to the T but I am not having a button pop up but I am going to review each step closely and see if am missing anything!!!
@Vera HI Vera,
could you please help with this part: "You will need to create separate "view"/"edit" screens for your screen scheme"can you show step yb step how to do it?
HI @Elizabeth_Johnson
We may not get that option, Atlassian is working on that via https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72730
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.