an 'unknown error occurs trying to remove, edit, or delete the rule.
same Problem here, all automation rules cannot be changed or deleted anymore, due to "unknown error". I hope this is going to be fixed soon, since it makes it impossible to further work with jira...
Not an answer, but could you clarify what you mean by "rule" - is it an Automation rule? If it is, can you tell us where you are getting it - on any action on all rules or only certain rules? Project or global rules, or both?
yes, i mean automation rules. I can create them, but after they are created, it's not possible to further configure or delete them. I only work with project rules. I don't know if it also happens with global rules, and I won't try since i don't know if i can delte them afterwards.
now i could identifiy the problem: I cannot delete or edit rules, for which I Set the config "who can edit this rule?" on "private (only me)". When I create a new rule and set this config to "all administrators", I can delete or edit it.
Nevertheless, the problem is still there for the rules which are "private".
Ok, so what error are you getting when you click "delete"?
Unknown error just occurs. and then the automation rule appears again. Also tried to deactivate but that does not work either.
since i didn't get an answer here, i had to solve it like this: the main Jira administrator in our company was able to change or delete the rules, so he changed the setting "who can edit this rule" from "private" to "all administrators". After this, you can change or delete the rule by yourself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.