Hello All!
I am currently trying to set up a document approval workflow in Confluence using Comalatech. I noticed there are a few options when selecting transitions (i.e. accepted, rejected, updated, expired).
I wanted to create a flow where a document is uploaded for Review, and if there are changes that must be made, then it will be Rejected and go to In Editing. From there, I wanted to have a transition called Updated, so that after edits were made, the user can select that it is Updated and then it will go back to the Review step.
At first I selected the 'updated' step.. but then when I tried to test it on Confluence, I noticed that there are only buttons for 'Accept' and 'Reject'. This means that when I rejected the page, it went to In Editing.. but then I only had the options to 'Accept' or 'Reject' the page. If you selected accepted or rejected, the page was automatically sent to the 'Approval' stage.
I managed to get the outcome I wanted by switching the 'updated' transition to 'approved' in the workflow builder.. however, I would like the user to have the option to select if a document is 'updated' as this is a more accurate description of what is going on at this particular step. Is there a way to have the confluence page reflect the cases where something is 'updated' or 'expired' via adding more buttons beyond accepted and rejected? I would think that the workflow builder has those other transitions available for a reason..
Any insight is appreciated! Thank you very much