Good morning!
I am trying to create an automated email to send out meeting agendas every week. Each agenda that I make uses issues from five different JQL searches, and lists the results of each search in the email.
Currently, I am doing this manually, and the emails look like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning! Here are the topics we will look at today
[filter-one-name]
issue-result-1001 issue_summary_here custom_field_value
issue-result-1002 issue_summary_here custom_field_value
[filter-two-name]
issue-result-2001 issue_summary_here custom_field_value
[filter-three-name]
issue-result-3001 issue_summary_here custom_field_value
issue-result-3002 issue_summary_here custom_field_value
I'll see you later!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
And eventually I was thinking about using HTML in the emails to make the columns prettier.
So far, I looked into using an automation rule to send an email, however I was only able to produce something like the below, using results from a single JQL search and the {{issues}} smart value.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning! Here are the topics we will look at today
[filter-one-name]
issue-result-1001
issue_summary_here
custom_field_value
issue-result-1002
issue_summary_here
custom_field_value
I'll see you later!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not quite sure how to send an email and include information on more than one search query. I've also looked into using filter subscriptions as a way to compile and send filter results, though I don't know how to automatically compile more than one filter result into an email, AND to include a header and footer.
I was wondering if there was any way in out-of-the-box Jira to automate sending these emails?
If it is not possible for out-of-the-box Jira, I also have access to script runner, and would appreciate some tips on making a script for this automation!