We need to give access to the SPECIFIC Confluence pages to the external vendors without reconfiguring our pages/spaces. Is it possible to give access to specific confluence pages WITHOUT accessing other (sibling) pages in the parent space or any other spaces in the hierarchy?
No. You would need to grant "View" permission on the Space to allow them access to the Space. At that point, they would be able to see all pages that do not have Page Restrictions on them.
It's probably better to move those pages to a dedicated Space for the vendors.
I agree permissions are inherited from space to pages. Better to make a space for vendor and do a page include.
Hi Mahesh,
As Carla and Dave said, I also think it's better you create a dedicated space.
If you want to have the same page in the new space and existing space, I recommend you Space Sync for Confluence to sync the pages.The app helps you to have the same page in multiple spaces.
(Disclaimer: I'm one of the folks in the vendor of the app.)
Thank you! That is something new. Will try that definitely.
That's what I wind up doing. Thank you for the response.
Yes, I had to give global permission first and then have to restrict individual permissions on pages. Without global permissions vendors cannot create/edit pages I wanted to them to do. Thank you for the response!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.