I've seen some threads with this same question, but I cannot put my hands around this automation.
MY RULE
What am I doing wrong?
Current issue is the issue that is been evaluated in that loop so you are taking the value from the same child issue story and could be empy. You need to copy the value from the parent.
Hey Gail,
What is not working for you? Does Jorge's change make it work for you? Or is it something else?
Thanks Jorge. I'm still new to automations so could you give me a visual? Sorry
The Epic will always have the component value and that is what I want passed down to the stories/spikes/tasks/subtasks.
Did you change it to do what Jorge suggested? Meaning instead of copying the Component from the current issue to the trigger issue or the parent?
Hi John. I'm not really sure how to do that so I asked for a visual.
Go into you rule to the Components step.
Click on the works "current issue" and change that to Trigger issue or Parent issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.