I'd like to transition a parent in Project A when a child in Project B does.
I can use global automations, though that will chew through our executions. Is there a way to update cross-project with scriptrunner?
removed
Hi @Fred Scriptrunner can most certainly do this in a post function.
Look at the section for:Transition Parent Issue
Scriptrunner Post Functions
The scriptrunner post function works out of the box if parent and child are in the same project. Mine share a workflow, though are in two different projects. I didn't see anything about cross-project executions?
ugghh
I had a feeling you were going to say that.So you'll have to write a custom scripted post function, or an event listener.Read the issue, find the value of the parent issue, you may have to get the outward link to get that issue then trigger the transition.
Have a look at this post.Transition-a-linked-issue
yikes, thanks for the pointer!
Do you have any other plugins?JWT or JSU they both have this functionality.Jira Workflow Toolbox and Jira Scripting Utilities...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.