Can I add a rule to an inactive workflow, and if so, how? I see no menu item to do so.
Hi @Phil Bustin ,
Can you define what you mean by a rule?
Are you talking about a workflow function (condition, validator, post function)?
Or about an automation rule (which is configured in a project)?
Might even be a post action. First, I would like to populate a user field with the name (value) of the transitioner, and second, if possible, to restrict a transition to a member of a user group.
Yes, you can add functions to inactive workflows. They won't actually do anything until you associate them with a project via the workflow scheme.
As Nic mentioned above, restricting the transaction can be either a condition or a validator. Automation rules however are based on triggers and conditions to perform an action and not configured within the workflow.
If I add a function to an inactive workflow, and then associate the workflow with a project via the workflow scheme, will the workflow remain inactive, so that I can continue to modify it, or must it become active through this procedure?
Thanks. I'll read the documentation to learn how to create triggers and conditions, and create an action.
Once you associate a workflow with a workflow scheme, it becomes active.
You can continue to modify the workflow once it is active (although you won't be able to change its name f.e.) but some modifications require that you copy the existing workflow and then replace the existing one with the new one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.