I have an Initiative in Advance roadmaps allocated to a release (fix version), will the epic under this Initiative automatically be assigned to that same release?
No. You must either manually edit the child epic, or create automation that copies the fixversion from the parent initiative to the child epic.
One more question on this,
How are releases in Advanced roadmaps related to Fix-versions in Jira?
Release in Advanced Roadmaps = FixVersion in Jira
May I summarize this as:
I can make an Initiative in Advanced Roadmap allocated to a Release (let say Release Q4).
I can make Epics in Jira as child of this Initiative and allocate that to the same Release (Q4), although I have to do that manually or make an automation rule for that.
But I can also allocate that Epic to a Fix Version (xxx), different from the Release of the Initiative.
Both the Initiative and its child have a different Release/Fix Version.
In the roadmap of the Initiative I still can see my Epic although it has been allocated to another FixVersion/Release.
If the dates of the Epic exceed the deadlines of the initiative Release I will see that in de Roadmap.
If that is the case we have full control.
thanks in advance for your answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.