So far, no Internet post or Community post has been helpful.
Hi Phil -
Workflows become active when they are a part of a workflow scheme that is being used by a project.
If you go to one your project's settings page, you will see the workflow scheme that the project is currently using:
In my example, (marked by red lines) this project is using the Workflow Scheme "CJA: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme". This scheme has one workflow assigned to it, "Software Simplified Workflow for Project CJA".
-----------
If you have created a workflow and are wondering how to activate it for your project, go to the settings page for the project you want to use your new workflow and click on the workflow scheme. ("CJA: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme" in my example above) You will be redirected to a screen that looks like this:
Click on "add workflow", followed by "add existing" - on the window that pops up, select the workflow you want to use, and the issue types that you want to follow this workflow in projects that are using this scheme.
Hope this helps!
Hi Phil!
A workflow is activated when it's added to a workflow scheme and that workflow scheme is being used in a project.
While I'm struggling to navigate and then remember how I navigated, can you please answer this question: Why is it that when I click (as I recall) Add Workflow, and I need to enter a workflow name, the name drop-down shows people in my organization rather than workflow names? This morning I at least arrived at the Assign button, but not the Associate button.
I'm taking a step back, in that I do not want to activate my workflow until I've added automation (a rule), but I don't see a place to do that. I guess I'll post a separate question for that.
You don't add automation rules to workflows specifically, you add them through the administration ->System -> Automation Rules menu.
---
As to why your workflow name field suggesting users, I'm not sure, but you should be able to just type the name you want to assign to the new workflow.
Just to be safe though, is this the screen and "name drop-down" you're talking about?
Actually, mine has weird suggestions too, including names and statuses. Don't stress about it, just name your workflow
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.