How do I make some custom fields mandatory when populating? ]I use the project managed by the team
Hello @Pedro Henrique Barreto Carvalho
That feature is not currently available in Team Managed projects. You can comment and up-vote the change request here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631
Maybe you could try with rules in specific transitions. For example: Field description cannot be empty to transition to To Do status.
How can I do this via automation?
You cannot make a field mandatory using an Automation Rule.
See the other response from @Jorge Martinez for a possible workaround.
Thanks for the alternative, and in the case of a selection box field? How do I stop? I tried to do it, but it wasn't mandatory.
@Pedro Henrique Barreto Carvalho same fix I think, the only difference is that you must leave empty "This value" field
So when you save the rule you'll see in the behaviour description that the value must not be empty to run that transitionGiven that, you won´t see that transition available if your select field is empty.
But you'll see it if the select field has a value.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.