How do you add additional values to the Category drop down list on create issue screen.
If you are seeing "category" on the create issue screens, then it is a custom field that one of your administrators has added to your system.
To get more options into the list, get your admins to go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields -> <Category field> configure, where they will be able to amend the list of options.
Hi @Ernie Zahn welcome to the Atlassian community.
As far as I knew you can't add new status to the already available category list in the Jira Cloud version. If considering at server level, then this documentation steps will come handy.
I don't want to add new statuses, I want to add new Categories.
Hi @Ernie Zahn thank you for clarifying the query. Let's wait to hear from other members.
There is a link to add new project categories, but all it does is let you name a new group of project categories and does not let you add items to the list. I'm not really sure what this page is doing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.