This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Attachment Size
Ask your question here...
There is no hard limit. Only the size of the attachments is restricted.
However, you will see slow load times once you have too many attachments on the pages. And will see increased indexing times and longer search duration. I would certainly recommend not to use Confluence as a document dump yard
Appreciate the quick response
I know this thread is ancient, but (approximately) how many attachments would be "too many"? A ballpark number would be nice to know. We're experiencing slowdowns on one of our client's Confluence systems and I'm trying to find out if the attachments might be the issue... (we're at around 90 attachments, but many of those have hundreds of versions)
In my experience, any page with near 100 attachments in an attachments macro will start to have a notably slower load time. More than 500 attachments and you'll soon reach the breaking point of most people's patience to wait for a page. However, I've found a page with 500+attachments has a normal load time if I don't use the attachments macro.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.