We have for many years used Jira Software to log bugs, but we kept our main time-tracking in another legacy system. We are now considering getting rid of this older legacy system and instead do the tracking in Jira. But in experimenting with time-tracking, it seems incredibly limited. I've skimmed thru a variety of articles, but answers have not been apparent.
From an Individual Jira Issue, I have figured out how to:
- Input a time estimate
- Track my own current time
-See the total time tracked to that Issue, and the time remaining based on the estimated time
However, for that Individual Jira Issue, I have not figured out how to do these critical functions:
- Edit my time log (e.g., I accidentally tracked 30 hours rather than 3 hours. How do I edit that entry?)
- Enter/Edit time for another team member (Jane is too busy to track her time, but we need to bill for that time, so I want to track her 3 hours on May 5 for her. Randy tracked his time, but only 1 hour and it should have been 2 hours.)
- See a breakdown of the time tracked to the item, by user/date (e.g., Sue tracked 1 hour on May 1 and 2 hours on May 2, Bob tracked 1.5 hours on May 3, Mitch tracked 3 hours on May 4, etc.)
I've seen a lot of references to add-ons/plugins to extend Jira's timetracking capacity, but I can not believe that some of the basic functions I am describing are not present in the base product. I am assuming I am just not knowing how to see/get to them.
Any help is appreciated to get me going the correct direction on this!