I'm hoping for some help to get a project running smoothly.
We have a project set up for a very specific purpose and would like to do either/both of the following:
- Remove any link used between certain issue types (e.g. issuetypes Bug and Spike should never be linked, regardless of the link type
- Correct the link type if an invalid one for the project is used (e.g. Change a Blocks linked to a Relates to link)
As with linking in general, there may be multiple links between the issues at either end of the unwanted link.
Are either of the above possible, and if so, how?
The more I read about filtering on links the more it seems Atlassian should notice years of complaints/questions and improve that bit of JQL, but in the mean time perhaps there's still a way with actions and branches in Jira automation.
I've just found out about the JQL option to search for issues based on a previously saved filter.
filter = "SavedFilterName"
Which it turns out you use to return a subset of multiple filters with AND.
filter = "SavedFilter AAA" AND filter = "SavedFilter ZZZ"
When running automation against an issue identified as being of issuetype Spike I can then combine linkedissue IN and filter =
linkedIssue IN linkedIssues("{{issue.key}}") AND filter = "SavedFilter Bugs"That's not removing the link or replacing it, but at least I can identify it with that.