I'm working on building an application for importing personnel data into Jira Insight. The first thing I built was an import of 'Department' objects from our internal HR application.
Everything is working, but I'm confused as to how it's determining when an object is 'Identical'. Below is a screenshot of the results of my most recent import. This should be 100% duplicates/identical objects as I ran it twice in a row to make sure.
As far as I can tell in the front-end, it's not forcing any unique attributes (I was able to create 2 departments named Marketing, for example) but when I make minor tweaks to other attributes in the data, it is clearly using the 'Name' attribute - which is my insight label - to match on and then update remaining attributes.
Any help or links to additional documentation would be helpful. While the insight docs here were very helpful in getting this working, they don't have a lot of details about how this works.
