Is it possible to use automation to update the % done field in the WBS Gantt chart when a task status is marked as done?
What are you using for the Gantt chart? Structure, Advanced Roadmap, or something else?
It looks like @Amanda Green is using WBS Gantt Charts from @Ricksoft 😉
Amanda: Welcome. I @mentioned the company that makes WBS Gantt charts. Stay tuned.
-dave
@Ditte "Deetah" - apologies, I missed your comment yesterday. Thanks, @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ !
Hello @Amanda Green ,
This is Hal from Ricksoft. Unfortunately, WBS Gantt-Chart for Cloud does not have the functionality that updates the % Done field based on the issue status.
Instead, you can update the % Done by Jira Automation if you are using Jira Custom field. If you are using app's fields, please change the field configuration. The documentation is below.
How to convert app's own data to Jira issue link/field
Update Percent Done via Jira Automation
On WBS Gantt Chart, go to Gantt configuration > Issues > Edit > Make sure “Use specific field” is marked for Percent Done.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Best,Hal
Hi, I work with Amanda and have raised this with @Ricksoft before but they couldn't offer a solution. I'm working my way through the automation rule (ie learning how to use it). Thanks for any tips/updates.
Hi Hal,
Amanda emailed me the above and I've got as far as the 'Then Edit Issue Field' I can find Progress, but not Progress (WBSGantt)?
How do I do this please?
Thanks,
Marion
Another question: Is this Automation rule set up needed for each project or can I set this at the 'Company-Managed' Admin level and then activate for the project I'm in?
Hello @Marion Richardson ,
Nice to meet you. I'm happy to help!
I've got as far as the 'Then Edit Issue Field' I can find Progress, but not Progress (WBSGantt)?
Probably Progress field works. It could be any field because you need to manually choose which Jira custom field you use for Percent done field. Please check what field you are using beforehand.
Jira configuration > App > Under WBS GANTT-CHART, "Issue"
Is this Automation rule set up needed for each project or can I set this at the 'Company-Managed' Admin level and then activate for the project I'm in?
You can set up global automation rules for multiple projects if your Jira software plan is Premium. If not, then you need to set it up for each project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.